ENDURO OVERVIEW – COURSE DESCRIPTIONS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
UPDATE: Sunday, Sep 30, 2018, 6:30am: The fire is contained. Demo, Vertical Challenge and Enduro will be proceeding as normal today.
- Outlier Enduro 2018 – STAGE 1
- Outlier Enduro – Stage 2 & GC
- OUTLIER Enduro – Stage 3 & GC
- OUTLIER Enduro – Stage 4 and FINAL
STAGE 1 and 2 START TIMES – riders’ meeting at 7:30am at Chair #19 in Lionshead
STAGE 1 – 8:30am
STAGE 2 – 11:00am
STAGE 1 – 8:40am
STAGE 2 – 11:10am
STAGE 1 – 8:47am
STAGE 2 – 11:17am
Cat 1/2/3 Men 19-29
STAGE 1 – 9:05am
STAGE 2 – 11:35am
Cat 1/2/3 Men 30-39
STAGE 1 – 9:22am
STAGE 2 – 11:52am
Cat 1/2/3 Men 40-49
STAGE 1 – 9:46am
STAGE 2 – 12:18pm
Cat 1/2/3 Men 50+
STAGE 1 – 10:02am
STAGE 2 – 12:34pm
Women Cat 1/2/3 & JR WMN
STAGE 1 – 10:07am
STAGE 2 – 12:39pm
We have a few changes up our sleeves for 2018 including LOTS of new singletrack and an all-new stage!. There’s a ton of trailwork taking place over the summer and we think we want to show you a few new goodies.
We’re placing the Outlier Enduro on day two and three of our little mountain bike huckstravagahnzah. Slated for Saturday and Sunday, our purpose-built brake pad roaster will feature three (at least!) ball’r stages rich with vertical drop and ridiculously long sections of flowy downhill all-mountain goodies.
We’re adding significant new sections on our three mainstay segments, plus an all-new 4th segment that will be run blind by all riders. We’re going to slot the blind stage in as leg #3 on Sunday morning.
Participants may purchase one-day USAC licenses on site if not already an annual USAC license holder. Please be ready to load at 7:30am on Saturday AND Sunday. Registration will be open all day on Friday and at 6:00AM on Saturday. Saturday registration and bib pickup cuts off at 7am sharp on Saturday.
$2500 split five deep between pro men and pro women. Medals and plaques for the top three in each category.
WHAT’S THE COURSE LIKE?
We’d call this course super-d-ish. Perfect for a 5-6″ travel bike, but navigable on an XC steed (or even a fatbike). Minimal climbing. Because c’mon. At the end of the day two things will happen;
- Everyone who races will have fun.
- The best riders will win.
Is it a DH track? Nope. But at the end of the day, you’re gonna race your bike in a downhill direction with lots of gravity on your side. COURSE DESCRIPTION AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
Two words: Lift. Served. Save your pedaling kung-fu for somewhere else. All starts are accessible from Vail’s chairlifts. You can expect very little uphill effort throughout all three stages.
Hell yeah. Friday.
2018 registration is LIVE, but online (discounted) reg ends Thursday night (Sep 27) at midnight. You can still register on-site for the Enduro until 7am on Saturday, Sep 29, but there’s a $10 on site late fee. All riders receive race day tickets (two). Additional lift tickets may be purchased on site. Summer passholders may use their pass for lift access. Preregistered riders receive a RockShox Outlier Enduro tee.Register NOW!
Yup. 200 riders max.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICKUP
Online registration ends at midnight on Thursday, September 28. Competitors may register on site, but will incur a $10 late fee.
On-site registration and packet pickup take place for the Rockshox Enduro on Friday, September 28 from 8am-7pm and from 7am-9am on Saturday, Sep. 29. You’ll need to hustle if you’re registering or picking up your packet on Saturday – racing begins at 8:15am sharp.
Packet pickup takes place in the Express Lift building which is located just west of Gondola One in Mountain Plaza of Vail Village. If you’re crossing the bridge from the main Vail parking structure, keep heading south (towards the mountain). You’ll see the Scott Bikes demo rigs on your right. Packet pickup and reg are immediately behind them.
|RockShox Enduro – Pro/Open Men||135|
|RockShox Enduro – Pro/Open Women||135|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 19-29||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 30-39||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 40-49||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 50+||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Women||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Junior Men||85|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Junior Women||85|
All preregistered riders receive a swank Outlier tee. All riders receive a one-day lift pass. Online registration ends Thursday at midnight, on site registration ends on Saturday at 7am. $10 one-site late registration fee. Additional lift tix available for $29
Vehicles with rooftop bikes should park on the top level of the Lionshead parking structure. Lower deck clearance: 7 feet 2 inches. Oversize vehicles should use the upper deck of the main Vail parking structure, also 7 feet 2 inch clearance for the lower levels. Town of Vail operated garages in Lionshead and Vail Village are free in summer.
Vail is located 100 miles West of Denver International Airport and accessed by 3 exits off of Interstate 70. The main Vail exit is #176. Head back under the highway from the roundabout, then head around the second roundabout. Going right (West) will take you towards the Lionshead Parking Structure. Follow the roundabout to the East to access the Vail Village Structure. Find more directions HERE.
Vail is serviced by both Eagle Airport and Denver International Airport. Eagle airport offers non-stop service to major cities and is a short 20 minute drive from Vail, while Denver International is only 2 hours East of Vail. View airport information and flight specials here.
ENDURO STAGE 1:
– START TIME 8:15am
– RIDER MEETING at CHAIR #19 in Lionshead at 7:30, early load also at 7:30 for all riders
- Start at Chair 19 (Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead) with a 7:30 load…don’t be late! Racing starts promptly at 8:15am!
- Start at top of Radio Flyer
- Continue on Lion Down Road (cross road) to Radio Flyer (2nd half) again
- Left on Big Mamba after short section of Lion Down (again)
- Descend Lion Down after Radio Flyer to Mane Lane
- Finish at bottom of Mane Lane where it connects LION DOWN!
- Stage 1 starts promptly at 8:30am. Pros first – we’ll publish a start list the evening prior and email it to everyone.
ENDURO STAGE 2: START TIME: 11:00am
- Start at Chair 19 (Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead) again
- Start at top of PMT (upper) cross to lower PMT after crossing Lion Down Road
- Descend Lion Down Road to lower section of Old 9 Line
- Descend Old 9 Line to Hank’s Hideaway (new-ish…lots of improvements!)
- Split left on Son of Simba
- Finish eastern end of Son of Simba/Bwana Junction
ENDURO STAGE 3:
– START TIME: 8:15am
– EARLY LIFT LOAD at GONDOLA #1 at 7:30
- Stage 3 will be run blind. No route information will be published. The course will be on new terrain not currently open to the public.
- Start is at MidVail, immediately adjacent to top of Gondola ONE
ENDURO STAGE 4:
– START TIME: 11am
- Start at Gondola One outside of registration
- Pedal from top on service road to top of Magic Forest
- Start at Magic Forest, descend to Cub’s Way
- Descend Cub’s Way to new section of Fred’s Lunch
- Fred’s Lunch to Gitalong Road to Onza Alley
- Descend Onza Alley to Bailey’s, Windisch Way to Strawberry Lane
- Finish in ABC Lot
AWARDS AT 2PM SUNDAY OUTSIDE REGISTRATION