Welcome to The RockShox Outlier Enduro 2019. With a minimum of 4 stages and lift-served transfers, we’re ready to show you the very best of Vail Mountain. We have a few changes up our sleeves for 2019 including new connectors, and potentially a new (5th!) stage. There’s a ton of trailwork taking place over the summer – cross those fingers and wish upon a star, because if all goes according to plan, we’re gonna roll out some new goodies. Only 150 slots are available, so jump in soon!
The Outlier Enduro takes placed on day two and three (Saturday and Sunday) of our little mountain bike huckstravagahnzah. Prepare to have a blast with your riding pals as we queue up Vail’s best trails. The courses are constructed with a minimum of climbing and a maximum of fun.
Participants may purchase one-day USAC licenses on site if not already an annual USAC license holder. Please be ready to load at 7:30am on Saturday AND Sunday. Registration will be open all day on Friday and at 6:00AM on Saturday. Saturday registration and bib pickup cuts off at 7am sharp on Saturday.
Medals and plaques for the top FIVE in each category. To the victors goes the swag!
WHAT’S THE COURSE LIKE?
We’d call this course super-d-ish. Perfect for a 5-7″ travel bike, but navigable on an XC steed (or even a fatbike). Minimal climbing. Because c’mon. At the end of the day two things will happen;
- Everyone who races will have fun.
- The best riders will win.
Is it a DH track? Nope. But at the end of the day, you’re gonna race your bike in a downhill direction with lots of gravity on your side. COURSE DESCRIPTION AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
Two words: Lift. Served. Save your pedaling kung-fu for somewhere else. All starts are accessible from Vail’s chairlifts. You can expect very little uphill effort throughout all three stages.
Hell yeah, practice. Friday.
2019 registration is LIVE, but online (discounted) reg ends Thursday night (Sep 26) at midnight. You can still register on-site for the Enduro until 7am on Saturday, Sep 28, but there’s a $10 on site late fee. All riders receive race day tickets (two). Additional lift tickets may be purchased on site. Summer passholders may use their pass for lift access. Preregistered riders receive a RockShox Outlier Enduro tee.Register NOW!
Yup. 150 riders max.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICKUP
Online registration ends at midnight on Thursday, September 27. Competitors may register on site, but will incur a $10 late fee.
On-site registration and packet pickup take place for the Rockshox Enduro on Friday, September 27 from 8am-7pm and from 7am-9am on Saturday, Sep. 28. You’ll need to hustle if you’re registering or picking up your packet on Saturday – racing begins at 8:15am sharp.
Packet pickup takes place in the Express Lift building which is located just west of Gondola One in Mountain Plaza of Vail Village. If you’re crossing the bridge from the main Vail parking structure, keep heading south (towards the mountain). You’ll see the Scott Bikes demo rigs on your right. Packet pickup and reg are immediately behind them.
|RockShox Enduro – Pro/Open Men||135|
|RockShox Enduro – Pro/Open Women||135|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 19-29||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 30-39||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 40-49||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Men 50+||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Women||110|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Junior Men||85|
|RockShox Enduro – Cat 1/2/3 Junior Women||85|
All preregistered riders receive a swank Outlier tee. All riders receive two one-day bike haul passes. Online registration ends Thursday at midnight, on site registration ends on Saturday at 7am. $10 one-site late registration fee. Additional lift tix available for $29
Vehicles with rooftop bikes should park on the top level of the Lionshead parking structure. Lower deck clearance: 7 feet 2 inches. Oversize vehicles should use the upper deck of the main Vail parking structure, also 7 feet 2 inch clearance for the lower levels. Town of Vail operated garages in Lionshead and Vail Village are free in summer.
Vail is located 100 miles West of Denver International Airport and accessed by 3 exits off of Interstate 70. The main Vail exit is #176. Head back under the highway from the roundabout, then head around the second roundabout. Going right (West) will take you towards the Lionshead Parking Structure. Follow the roundabout to the East to access the Vail Village Structure. Find more directions HERE.
Vail is serviced by both Eagle Airport and Denver International Airport. Eagle airport offers non-stop service to major cities and is a short 20 minute drive from Vail, while Denver International is only 2 hours East of Vail. View airport information and flight specials here.
2019 courses TBD and depending on trail availability and conditions. We’ve posted 2018’s courses below to give you an idea of what to expect.
ENDURO STAGE 1:
– START TIME 8:15am
– RIDER MEETING at CHAIR #19 in Lionshead at 7:30, early load also at 7:30 for all riders
- Start at Chair 19 (Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead) with a 7:30 load…don’t be late! Racing starts promptly at 8:15am!
- Start at top of Radio Flyer
- Continue on Lion Down Road (cross road) to Radio Flyer (2nd half) again
- Left on Big Mamba after short section of Lion Down (again)
- Descend Lion Down after Radio Flyer to Mane Lane
- Finish at bottom of Mane Lane where it connects LION DOWN!
- Stage 1 starts promptly at 8:30am. Pros first – we’ll publish a start list the evening prior and email it to everyone.
ENDURO STAGE 2: START TIME: 11:00am
- Start at Chair 19 (Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead) again
- Start at top of PMT (upper) cross to lower PMT after crossing Lion Down Road
- Descend Lion Down Road to lower section of Old 9 Line
- Descend Old 9 Line to Hank’s Hideaway (new-ish…lots of improvements!)
- Split left on Son of Simba
- Finish eastern end of Son of Simba/Bwana Junction
ENDURO STAGE 3:
– START TIME: 8:15am
– EARLY LIFT LOAD at GONDOLA #1 at 7:30
- Stage 3 will be run blind. No route information will be published. The course will be on new terrain not currently open to the public.
- Start is at MidVail, immediately adjacent to top of Gondola ONE
ENDURO STAGE 4:
– START TIME: 11am
- Start at Gondola One outside of registration
- Pedal from top on service road to top of Magic Forest
- Start at Magic Forest, descend to Cub’s Way
- Descend Cub’s Way to new section of Fred’s Lunch
- Fred’s Lunch to Gitalong Road to Onza Alley
- Descend Onza Alley to Bailey’s, Windisch Way to Strawberry Lane
- Finish in ABC Lot
AWARDS AT 2PM SUNDAY OUTSIDE REGISTRATION