OUTLIER [out-lahy-er]: “One
In other words, cyclists. Or more specifically, mountain bikers. Or to put an even finer point on it, riders who can ride. Ride long and ride hard. Those who consider the first 15 miles the warmup to the main event. And who lead with their chin when the trail points down.
We’re talking about the gunners. The Jedi. Riders who can straight up BALL. The fringe of a fringe…of a fringe of a fringe of a fringe.
So what is the Vail Outlier Offroad Festival (presented by the awesomeness that is SRAM)?
It’s a gathering of this lean and densely muscled tribe against a backdrop perfectly suited for their activity of choice.
The Vail Outlier Offroad Festival is;
- A lift-served (2 of them!) consumer-facing demo offering all of next year’s bikes and gear from the industry’s best brands. Slated for September 28-30, 2018, Outlier’s date provides media and consumers with the very first look at all the new bikes and gear set to debut at the Interbike tradeshow, scheduled just 8 days earlier.
- Based in Vail, Colorado, Outlier is also built to be affordable to the brands themselves, helping more of them attend in the process. More brands, more bikes, more consumers, more hotlaps.
- Enduro, you say? Yep. 4 flowy stages served over two days with lift served transfers.
- New for 2018 is our mixed terrain road/gravel ride. Fully supported, the Outlier Brevet (presented by SRAM Force) treats(?) riders to stunning views along the road less traveled.
- Lodging? Yep – amazing prices on incredible accommodations.
- It is powered by SRAM. And Scott Bicycles. And GU, Castelli, Rock Shox, Quark, Ergon, Crank Brothers, Goodyear Tires, KASK Helmets and Fox apparel.
OUTLIER: a chance for the fringe element to gather, ride hard, drink beer with friends and let loose one final haymaker as the MTB season enters the late rounds. Huzzah.
What else? It’s a foam party. It’s a disco cover band (bring your afro wig and sequined bell-bottoms). It’s speed metal. And Yoda jammies. It’s Bo “Bandit” Darville. It’s a hot air balloon filled with happiness…captained by David Lee Roth.
September 28-30, 2018. Vail, Colorado. Save the date.
Wanna volunteer? Bless your heart.
Interested? Fill out this simple form for short shifts and a sack full o’ swag!